ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a permit granting authority appointed by the Board of Selectmen and has all of the powers and duties prescribed under Chapter 40A of the Massachusetts General Laws, as amended and as allocated under Section 12 of the Zoning By-Laws of the Town of Wrentham.
The ZBA has the authority to hear and decide petitions for:
- Appeals of zoning orders and decisions made by the Building Commissioner,
- Variances with respect to land or structures,
- Special Permits for certain projects as allowed for in the Zoning By-laws, and
- Comprehensive Permits under Chapter 40B of the Massachsuetts General Laws.
The Board of Appeals must act within the time constraints and specifications of the General Laws and the Zoning By-laws. The Board of Appeals may impose conditions, safeguards, and/or limitations as part of its approval of any application.
The Zoning Board of Appeals generally meets the second and fourth Wednesday at 7 p.m. of each month in the Second Floor Conference Room of Town Hall, unless otherwise posted. Meetings are broadcast live from the Cable 8 studio in Town Hall. Meeting can be viewed in real time via the Cable 8 webpage. Past meetings can be viewed via the Cable 8 Video on Demand webpage. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
- Keith Langer, Chairman (2022)
- William Casbarra, Vice-Chairman (2020)
- Walter Pelrine, Clerk (2023)
- Shawn Gough, Member (2021)
- John Redman, Member (2020)
- William Burns, Associate Member (2020)
- Jennifer Savikas, Associate Member (2020)