In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Powered by RS Web Solutions
Town Hall Jobs and Employment
WATER DIVISION EMPLOYEE
The Town of Wrentham, Department of Public Works, is accepting applications for a full time Water Division Employee.
Seeking candidates with a Mass. Drinking Water Supply Facility Operator's License and a Mass. CDL License and/or experience in the Water Works Field.
Applications, job descriptions and current pay scales may be picked up at the DPW Office, 360 Taunton St., Wrentham between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Mon - Fri.
Please submit completed application, cover letter and resume in person or by mail to P.O. Box 658 by December 11, 2015.
WRENTHAM DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
WATER TECHNICIAN CLASS "A1"
• Reports to the Division Supervisor and the Division Foreman and is responsible to the DPW Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendent of Public Works.
• Performs varied skilled work in the installation, operation and repair of the Town's water distribution system.
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma and three (3) years of job related experience.
• Must be a Massachusetts certified operator of a drinking water supply facility, with a minimum Grade #1 distribution license.
• Must be a Massachusetts certified backflow prevention tester/surveyor.
• A valid CDL license with applicable endorsements and a hoisting engineer's license from the Department of Public Safety, for the appropriate equipment are desirable.
• Alternative qualifications may be accepted at the discretion of the Superintendent of Public Works.
• Strenuous physical effort may be required, often under adverse weather conditions.
• May be required to perform duties above or below his/her level and to perform duties, when qualified, related to other divisions of the Department.
• Expected to participate, when needed, in Water Division and other DPW related emergencies.
• May be requested to participate in other DPW related activities and emergencies, especially snow and ice control.
• Must be able to use all tools and equipment necessary in the performance of his/her duties.
• Exercises judicious thought and care in the use, maintenance and care of all tools and equipment.
Examples of Duties: (Illustrative Only)
• May be involved with, but not limited to the following duties:
1. Operates pumps, motors and related equipment at pumping stations and chlorination facilities and adds chemicals to the water system; monitors and adjusts controls as required.
2. Monitors and keeps records of flows, pressures, control panels, reservoir levels and weather conditions.
3. Installs and maintains water mains, hydrants, valves, tees, service pipes and meters, diagnosing operating troubles and making regular or emergency repairs as may necessary; responds to emergencies.
4. Reads, installs, repairs and tests water meters.
5. Operates a variety of motor equipment, as licensed, used in the repair, maintenance and operation of the water facilities and performs light maintenance and servicing of equipment operated.
6. Maintains pumping station buildings and grounds, plows snow, clears hydrants and thaws pipes and lines.
7. Maintains necessary records.
8. Provides information and assistance to service customers of the Town's water system.
9. Performs road and street maintenance when connected with the water system operation.
10. Notes and reports defects in the water system; prepares and maintains logs and reports.
11. Inspects the construction of water mains, water services, hydrants, valves and other appurtenances for conformance with Town requirements and standard construction practices.
12. Collects samples of water for laboratory analysis.
13. Diagnoses unsafe and unhealthy conditions and reports such to the Division Supervisor.
14. Performs all other related duties as required.
The Town of Wrentham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.