The Wrentham Police Department is committed to working in partnership with the citizens of Wrentham to provide the highest level of public safety and services to the community. The members of the Department are empowered to enforce the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the By-Laws of the Town of Wrentham. We are committed to respond effectively to the changing needs of the community, improve the quality of life in our community, and reduce the fear of crime.
The following values guide our work:
- Accountability: We are answerable to the public and each other for our actions and take responsibility for them.
- Caring: To be sensitive to the needs of others and demonstrate compassion for all people.
- Honesty: Adherence to the facts and dedication to truthfulness.
- Integrity: Committing ourselves to high standards of trust, responsibility, and discipline while promoting justice in a fair and impartial manner.
- Loyalty: Proactively supporting the organization, its membership and its goals, and being held accountable for our conduct as well as the conduct of our peers.
- Pride: Believing in the social value of our work, considering it to be among the most noble of professions, and deriving personal and professional satisfaction from the effective performance of our duties.
- Respect: We recognize the value of individuality and treat all people with respect and dignity. We will defend and protect the rights, liberties and freedoms guaranteed by the constitution.
- Service Orientation: To actively contribute to the welfare of the community, and to genuinely care about improving the quality of life of those we serve and to each other.
- Teamwork: We recognize we can accomplish more and achieve better results by working together in groups to take advantage of our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives.
- Trust: Is a result of honest behavior between each other and acceptance of other's judgments and abilities.
To preserve a high quality of life and feeling of safety for the citizens of Wrentham.
Members of the Wrentham Police Department are committed to serve with professionalism, respect and concern for the community. To optimize the use of police resources, the Department responds to all forms of crime with community problem solving and crime prevention approaches. The Department philosophy reflects modern law enforcement concepts and technology, involving every member of the Department in an effort to continually improve all areas of administration and operations. Quality leadership at all levels reflects the department's commitment to a progressive law enforcement agency with strong values and work ethic.
Wrentham Police Social Network
Wrentham Police Department is now using three online resources:
Facebook - In addition to the main 'Wrentham Police Department' Facebook page there are two closed groups. One is 'Wrentham Police West End Group' and the other is the 'Wrentham Police East End Group'. These are community policing groups for concerned residents of West and East Wrentham respectively. If you are interested in joining, please goto the Wrentham Police Facebook page, click on the group you wish to join and request to be added. This is a great tool for getting and exchanging information regarding the safety and security of your neighborhood.
"The potential is limitless. We now have the ability to not only inform the public of what is happening in their community, as it is happening, but we can also ask the public for help with investigations that directly affect them."
Chief James E. Anderson
See full article in the Sun Chronicle. "Wrentham Police Recruit Social Network"