Applications, By-laws, Forms, Maps & Regulations
Below are the application packets for the permits that require Zoning Board of Appeals review per the Town of Wrentham Zoning By-law and Massachusetts General Law Chapter 40A. Each application has a specific timeline and submission requirements that both the Town and the Applicant must follow. Contact the Planning & Community Development Department if you need assistance or have questions about the application process.
Projects Require the Following:
- Application signed by the applicant, owner or designee
- One (1) original signed and nine (9) paper copies of all forms / applications that require a signature
- Appropriate Application Fee: Residential Uses: $100, Commercial Uses: $200 (Applications will be considered incomplete until the fee is paid)
- Certified Abutters List from the Assessor's Office
- Payment of Legal Advertisement (the Zoning Board Office submits the Legal Advertisment to the local newspaper - the Applicant is required to pay for the Legal Advertisement)
- Number of Paper Plans: Three (3) full size (24"x36") and seven (7) Tabloid size (11"x17") paper plans
- One electronic copy of all materials submitted (recommended)
The Applicant will be billed directly by the Sun Chronicle for fees associated with the Legal Advertisement for the Public Hearing.
Legal Ad Process:
- The Wrentham ZBA will submit the Legal Ad to the Sun Chronicle on behalf of the Applicant, please note that the hearing date is subject to change is the Applicant does not pay the fees to the Sun Chronicle in time for the Legal Ad deadline (see ZBA Meeting/Submisson Schedule below)
- The Applicant is responsible for providing pre-stamped envelopes to the Zoning Office in order to mail the hearing notice to all abutters and the surrounding six (6) Town's Planning Boards, per M.G.L. 40A, S. 11.
General Application Form: ZBA Application for use when applying for the following permits:
To hear and decide on applications for special permits as provided by various Sections of the Wrentham Zoning By-law.
To hear and decide on applications for relief from the dimensional requirements of the Wrentham Zoning By-law such as setbacks, minmum lot size, height of structure and lot frontage.
Chapter 40B is a State statute that encourages the development of low- and moderate-income housing by providing a streamlined permitting process and relief from local zoning requirements. Under Chapter 40B, the local ZBA is the permit granting authority. Article V of the board's Rules and Regulations govern Comprehensive Permits in Wrentham.
Zoning By-law & Regulations